Monday, November 3, 2008

What an inheritance.

I used to doubt that we (human kind) had as much authority over creation as Genesis tells us we do. That is probably because it´s all screwed up and things don´t work as they were intended. But what does it now mean if Christ has redeemed all of creation? Somehow redemption of the universe has already taken place, that happened on the Cross, but the fall-out must still be in progress. For now it is the task and privilidge of the Redeemed to distribute the fruits of Christs once-for-all act.
(What follows might be taken as grounds for pride but I´m the first to make it clear that there is no merit or accomplishment apart from Gods gift.)
I just took authority over a 50lb male American Bull Dog in the midst of a freinzied fight in a dark corner complete with much blood, screaming and growling,

and he cowered at my feet.

I can tell you it wasn´t just the steel pipe in my hand that made him submit, if you´ve ever seen a real dog fight, especially involving a bred killer like a Bull Dog, you´ll agree that the outcome is almost exclusivly death. I´m still trembling. This is the second time I´ve been involved in a dog fight with large bulldogs. I pray that you´ll never have to test me on this, but you can pound on them for all you´re worth and they won´t let go. Something other than force or saavy happened tonight.
I´ve read the verses and I´ve heard more than a few sermons but now I can testify: God has given us great authority. We really have no idea of the depth of the riches that are ours as co-heirs with Christ.

2 comments:

Dave Carrol said...

YES!

what an amazing story of who God is. You'll be able to tell THAT one to many.

Simone said...

Amen!!